Online Art Therapy and Mindfulness Group (via Zoom)
New! Weekly art therapy and mindfulness group: a supportive space during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Join this therapeutic group for deepening mindfulness practice and enhancing well-being. Helping you feel resourced and resilient during these challenging times.
Through mindfulness practice, inner inquiry, and creative expression you can learn to open up to life with all its challenges and delights and to find new ways to accept and live with them.
- Learn the foundations of Mindfulness-Based Art Therapy (MBAT) and Mindfulness-Meditation practices.
- Express yourself using art materials in a non-judgemental space
- Discover your creative potential
- Find space in the business of your life
- Establish a daily mindfulness practice
- Develop self-care and compassion for yourself and others
- Learn ways to skillfuly respond to the thinking mind in mindfulness meditation
- Cultivate spaciousness, ease and embodiment
- Inhabit the present moment
- Engage with others in a therapeutic group
You will be encouraged to practice mindfulness and art-making between sessions, supported by online meditations and a free 20 page e-book .
Who is it for?
The group is open to all levels of art ability and experience in mindfulness. We encourage everyone to have a 'beginners mind' - no technical art skills are necessary and you do not have to be good at art to benefit from art therapy. You may be join the group to support your overall well-being or have a specific need, such as: helping with stress, anxiety, depression, and coping with the current pandemic.
This group is ongoing, with a minimum commitment of four sessions required.
You will find further information on art materials, video set up, absence policy under further information here: Further Information about Online Group. Please contact us if you have any additional questions.
Facilitator: Nicky Roland, Art Therapist and Mindfulness Teacher Read more about Nicky
4 - 6 pm Tuesdays
Weekly, Ongoing group
Potential benefits include
• reduced stress and anxiety
• a greater sense of ease and well-being
• improved mood and self-esteem
• more fulfilling personal relationships
• deepening insight